Data Integration Engineer
We are #dataAdvisors.
Apgar Consulting is a leading data advisory company, recognized by Market Analysts (Gartner) and Technology Partners (TIBCO, Dell Boomi, Lobster, Semarchy…), that supports its customers in their journey to build a foundation for trusted data.
From technology enablement & support to organizational changes, we design and deliver tailor-made solutions that provide data consistently, securely, and accurately.
Our global team features more than 90 consultants specialized in data advisory services such as data governance and data architecture and in implementing data platform solutions such as :
· Le Master Data Management
· Le Meta Data Management
· La Data Intégration
· La Data Préparation
Highly self-motivated and directed, you have lots of enthusiasm, you enjoy working in a team, and you can communicate proficiently to both business and technical audiences.
You have 1+ year of previous experience in a consulting agency or an IT service company, and a good working knowledge of basic programming languages, the ability to learn new technology quickly, and the ability to work in a team environment.
Your experience, skills, and competencies set you apart:
- Bachelor’s degree (preferably in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or similar)
- Able to engage yourself in a project and enjoy the challenges and processes involved.
- Ability to follow instructions and work in a team environment.
- Design, code, test, correct and document programs and scripts using agreed standards and tools to achieve a well-engineered result.
- Good understanding of iterative development and agile methodologies
- Previous experience in practicing agile methodologies (such as Scrum) is a plus.
- Basic understanding of Continuous Integration and Release management techniques (Jenkins/Bamboo/Git/SVN/Azure Devops/Jira Software/Maven…)
- Ability to learn new technologies, software, and programming languages quickly.
- Knowledge of one or more object-oriented programming languages such as Java or C#.
- Knowledge of querying languages SQL and XPath
- Good understanding of SQL and non-SQL database operations.
- Knowledge of major file formats: flat files (delimited, fixed length), XML, JSON and HTML (knowledge of EDI is a plus)
- Knowledge of major communication standards and protocols: File, JDBC, FTP, JMS, REST/HTTP, SOAP/HTTP, Mail (SMTP, IMAP, POP3)
- Knowledge of transformation languages and techniques: XSLT, XQuery
A previous experience related to one of our offers (Data Integration, Master Data Management, Metadata Management, Data Virtualization, and Data Preparation) would be a considerable plus.
What you will be doing ?
As a Data Engineer, you will focus on the design, implementation of data management systems to meet the client’s needs. This includes designing how the data will be stored, consumed, integrated, and managed by different data entities and digital systems.
Your role at Apgar will be to:
- Participate in the complete implementation lifecycle of Data Integration solutions
- Work within a team & participate in our agile development and continuous improvement process.
- Take part in the design and the definition of the integration platform architecture.
- Design and implement integration templates based on customer requirements.
- Develop data integration assets as per specifications, following Apgar’s standards and best practices.
- Track & report progress to Integration Analysts.
- Perform and/or assist in the execution of all kinds of tests (Unit Tests, System Integration Tests and User Acceptance Tests).
- Manage integration assets packaging and versioning.
- Deploy packages to testing and production environments.
- Monitor proper execution of integrations.
- Perform regular integration platform monitoring and health-check.
- Analyze production issues & provide workarounds.
- Implement change requests.
- Take part in technical Knowledge Management (speed up development using generic accelerators, improve maintainability, enable reuse of assets & libraries).
- Test solutions from new software vendors in new scopes to build up new or improve existing offers.
You will also participate in Apgar Consulting’s internal innovation process, in the formalization of the company’s offers, in pre-sales activities, and you will discover:
- The operational management of a consulting firm
- The daily life of a growing organization
- The organization of a transformation project in the company
Your future Benefits…
- Flexible working hours and ability to work remotely
- Great & attractive working environment
- Regular Team Building activities
- Flexible Paid Time Off
- Medical insurance
- Competitive salary
- Ability to progress in a challenging environment.
- Diversity of topics addressed.
- Individual HR coaching & career follow-up with one of our associates
- Access to a complete training catalog
- High-quality equipment
- And much more…