The Consultancy manager has an operational and economic responsibility within their team. They instantiate know-how and contribute to reinforcing the consultancy and expertise positioning of their company. They master, take responsibility for and develop one or more offers / solutions.
The Consultancy manager is responsible for achieving the objectives set within their scope, on the missions and projects that they manage. They are also committed to the overall performance indicators of their entity. They take the initiative for reporting and decide wisely on the elements and times for validation, which are necessary for the accomplishment of their missions. The field of action is delimited by a project, mission, responsibility, cross-cutting if necessary. The issues are varied and complex, involving actors with different interests. The framework of reflection is linked to know-how: technological, sectoral, functional or solution. The function is part of the policies of the company and the entity to which it is attached.
- To provide effective operational coordination the Consultancy manager must develop genuine comprehension of the environment of the mission and the associated risks:
- Contribution of the project to the business strategy of the customer,
- Contribution to the entity’s objectives,
- Commercial and human environment
- They manage consultants and coordinate customer and partner contacts.
- They guarantee the proximity management of their team and manage the link between consultants and the management of the entity. This operational activity is supported by strong business involvement in the context of "pre-sales".
- Through their know-how and his expertise, they contribute decisively to the success of commercial bids and the detection and / or generation of opportunities.
- They are responsible for the development of their customer network.
The Consultancy Manager’s duties:
- Guarantees compliance with contractual commitments
- Guarantees the achievement of the customer’s and the Group's objectives
- Guarantees customer service quality and satisfaction
- Ensures the financial performance of the project and contributes to the profitability of the activities of their entity
- Contributes to professionalizationtion of the sector
- Contributes to the development of the skills of their team
Positioning the consulting manager:
In his/her activity, the Consulting Manager is attached to a Consulting Director / Associate. Under the supervision of their manager, the Consultancy manager enjoys a significant freedom of action on the missions they have to accomplish.
The expectations of the profession
The nature of the issues and contacts encountered requires knowing how to convince, influence, comply. Their resolution requires the use of innovative solutions, and being able to think outside the box. It is a relay of communication between the teams, the Group and the customer. They brings vision to their field and pass their knowledge to their teams. They demonstrate empathy by becoming involved in the evolution of the consultants for whom they are responsible.