Certified technical consultant
As part of a mission within a customer team or in a team, the Certified Solution Consultant enjoys freedom of action bounded by practices and procedures.
The Certified functional consultant has a basic impact on the smooth running and success of the projects and missions for which s/he is responsible. They contribute to the image, positioning and valuation of the Group externally. If necessary, they can identify needs and make a comparison with the offers of the company. The challenge of their mission is linked to a technology. The issues are generally well identified and delimited, they can sometimes be complex. Their resolution generally requires the use of known solutions, but sometimes they may require the construction of a new solution or the adaptation of an existing solution. The certified technical consultant:
- Drafts detailed specifications based on functional specifications
- Implements and organizes the implementation of the solution.
- Analyses and devises the technical solution of a project within the pre-set scope, on the basis of the company's architecture file or the architectural constraints provided in the specifications of the customer (hardware, software, framework, software layers, development environments, standards, systems, networks, database, monitoring tools …),
- Is responsible for the successful completion of the various activities and production of deliverables in this area,
- Is the technical reference point on his/her product at the level of his/her mission.
The positioning of the certified technical consultant:
They are attached to the project manager, a technical architect or a senior functional consultant. It can be autonomous and directly related to the client contact and other client company players, within its defined scope. They supervise the technical consultants within their scope
The expectations of the profession
Pragmatic, the solutions of the certified technical consultant must be aligned with the challenged, the objectives of the project or the customer. Curious and creative, they know how to lead and support a team of 3 to 5 employees. Autonomous and a source of ideas, they proactively suggest technical solutions on the project if necessary. They organizes themselves to lead and carry out the tasks necessary to achieve the objectives set for them, demonstrating a sense of initiative, controlled and coordinated with their management. The Certified Solution Consultant must have a critical and constructive view of their scope.
Missions to our clients
“I have been a Technical-Functional Consultant for 3 years. Today I am seconded to the Axa project. Several projects are in under way at this customer and this one offers several types of MDM: repositories: finance repositories, customers, products. My task is to lead workshops with the customer, collect their needs and advise them on their design choices. Then there is a technical part where we will develop the “real” solution using streamlined methods to show, as and when, the result to the customer so that the latter can measure the progress of the project. This is a validation, always step by step. “ Nour, certified functional technical consultant
Interview with a certified technical functional consultant
Nour Certified functional technical consultant