The certified functional consultant is the direct contact for customers in relation to their scope and s/he exercise retrospective control over production.
The certified functional consultant’s missions include freedom of action framed by practices and procedures. In his/her tasks s/he is the direct contact for customers in relation to their scope and s/he exercise retrospective control over production. S/he demonstrates IS consulting skills and is recognized in this field. Good knowledge of the reactions and “basic” skills of the consulting profession, gives them autonomy in their daily missions and the opportunity to express their potential. The challenge of their mission is linked to a technology, a sector, a function. The issues are generally well identified and delimited, they can sometimes be complex. Their resolution usually requires the use of known solutions but may sometimes require the construction of a new solution or adaptation of an existing solution
In the context of internal intervention or customer during an implementation project or an IS consulting or coordination mission, the certified functional consultant:
- Is responsible for the successful completion of different activities and production deliverables.
- Is the guarantor of the functional understanding of the batch for which s/he is responsible.
- Depending on the project, may be involved as an organizer and facilitator of AMO relations using their specific methodological skills (planning, steering, facilitation of working groups and meetings).
The positioning of the certified functional consultant:
They may be part of a group team of consultants under the responsibility of a senior or certified functional consultant. This Role can be attached to a project device, under the responsibility of the project management. It can be autonomous and directly related to the client contact and other client company players, within its defined scope.
The expectations of the profession
The job of a junior functional consultant requires different skills:
- Autonomy and curiosity in order to be a source of suggestions and to anticipate the functional trends
- Good interpersonal skills, listening and a sense of the customer in order to understand and integrate all the needs.
- Adaptability, in order to be able to deal with operational constraints.
- Aptitude for analysis and synthesis in order to get to the essentials and provide the best possible scope for the project
- Pedagogical quality for supporting and reassuring users throughout the project.
Interview with a certified functional consultant
Shaheen Certified functional consultant
|VISITOR_INFO1_LIVE||5 months 27 days||A cookie set by YouTube to measure bandwidth that determines whether the user gets the new or old player interface.|
|YSC||session||YSC cookie is set by Youtube and is used to track the views of embedded videos on Youtube pages.|
|_ga||2 years||The _ga cookie, installed by Google Analytics, calculates visitor, session and campaign data and also keeps track of site usage for the site's analytics report. The cookie stores information anonymously and assigns a randomly generated number to recognize unique visitors.|
|_gat_gtag_UA_49952323_1||1 minute||Set by Google to distinguish users.|
|_gid||1 day||Installed by Google Analytics, _gid cookie stores information on how visitors use a website, while also creating an analytics report of the website's performance. Some of the data that are collected include the number of visitors, their source, and the pages they visit anonymously.|
|CONSENT||2 years||YouTube sets this cookie via embedded youtube-videos and registers anonymous statistical data.|
|pll_language||1 year||The pll _language cookie is used by Polylang to remember the language selected by the user when returning to the website, and also to get the language information when not available in another way.|